This project is read-only.

Advance Field

Apr 1, 2015 at 11:52 PM
First thanks for making this available -

When i use the advance field in a listview the field renders fine but when i use web services it does not pull the correct information - any history on this ?
Apr 2, 2015 at 5:42 AM
Hi,

This is by design. The web service will not use the DisplayPattern for getting the value. It will use the FieldRef value.

Kind regards
Apr 2, 2015 at 3:27 PM
Good to know -

Given this information - i thought computed fields were based off of one or more fields w/ a given result - the result would be based off of the displaypattern "logic' - i want to evaluate several fields (projected lookup fields) based on their value display only one - am not asking you for a solution but possibly a direction i should follow - the code you provided was the direction i was going so i know you are much further down this path than i have been -

any suggestions ?

thanks in advance

Jack
Apr 3, 2015 at 2:04 PM
So you're trying to get projected fields from the web service? Lists Web Service?
Apr 3, 2015 at 2:46 PM
Edited Apr 3, 2015 at 2:49 PM
I have several projected fields in a list - i want to evaluate them and based on their value only display one -

OOB (although there is nothing OOB about my solution) Calculated fields will not use lookup fields -

There is the standard hack where you create text field(s) then create your calculated field w/ them then delete them and create the projected fields

this will work but i am afraid it could go sideways on me down the road

I need something that is evaluated mealtime because lookup fields can change -

it does not appear that GetFieldValue or the other calls are used for SPFieldComputed as i have overridden them but they are never called -

If i knew the method that is called to present the value to the web service then i thought i could move the logic there

The reason i want this field is for a consistent eval of these fields both in the UI and reporting -

Especially in reporting where i don't want to require my users to add this logic in their reports

I have this situation for several projected fields in several lists

I have a solution where there will be MANY instances of these lists -

So if you have a more elegant solution than the calculated field hack i am all ears

Many thanks

Jack
Apr 13, 2015 at 8:50 AM
Hi,

You might try to override the "Value" property, but I think the Web Service goes for an internal way of getting the value from the field.
It seems like you might want to implement a custom Web Service to abstract your logic for your client(s).

I don't have a ready-solution for your problem.

Cheers
Apr 14, 2015 at 2:45 PM

I think I may have tried this but will definitely and let you know thanks for the follow up