This project is read-only.

Will this solution work for ASP.NET MVC SharePoint APP

Jan 27, 2015 at 2:26 PM
Hello,

We are facing the similar issue of the App Part being block when used with iframe. Has any one resolved this issue on SharePoint 2013.

Any response is highly appreciated.

/Naren
Jan 27, 2015 at 2:41 PM
Hi, could you describe in more detail what you're trying to do? This solution will allow any page hosted in the SharePoint Web Application to run inside an iframe.
Jan 27, 2015 at 2:45 PM
Thanks for the quick response.

We are trying out to achieve the following

1. We are developing multiple provider hosted SharePoint Apps using MVC
2. We want multiple SharePoint Apps (using MVC) added in the one page.

/Naren

Jan 27, 2015 at 2:48 PM
It sounds to me that those MVC pages are hosted elsewhere? If these pages cannot be hosted in iframes then it has to be fixed on the webserver hosting them. SharePoint cannot overrule that.
Jan 27, 2015 at 2:57 PM
true.

Following are the steps we currently follow

1. Deploy the Sharepoint Provider Apps in a different server
2. Enable the trust of these apps in the SharePoint Server
3. Add the App parts into the page.

Currently after adding the App parts , we get the IFRAME error message that the App parts are not allowed. However when opened directly on a separate browser , it works absolutely fine.

How do you suggest us to use the ventigrate codeplex component while developing the SharePoint Apps, any example is really appreciated.

/Naren

Jan 27, 2015 at 3:01 PM
If this "different servers" adds a X-FRAME-OPTIONS header to the MVC responses, it will not work in an iframe. Unfortunately I have no experience with creating MVC apps, hosted on a different server and added via App Part. You'd best follow some tutorials or courses on how this is done.

I doubt our codeplex component is of any assistance here as it really only allows SharePoint pages to be hosted in iframes themselves.
Marked as answer by vandest on 3/16/2015 at 5:12 AM
Jan 28, 2015 at 4:39 AM
Thanks for the information , i will try internally and update if there are any success.

/Naren